At Prevailion, we are on a mission to help our customer make their businesses more secure. We are one of the fastest growing companies in an absolutely essential industry. In your role at Prevailion, you will be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our customers and know from experience that the best solutions for our customers’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses, and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We are proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
We are currently seeking a highly technically proficient developer with advanced knowledge of Go, C, Python, Timescale DB, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL. Our ideal candidate would have ample experience working with large, disparate data sets within the context of cybersecurity product and services organizations. This candidate would also have practical or conceptual knowledge and familiarity with use cases related to threat intelligence, security operations and/or incident response. The right candidate will be responsible for aiding in the continued growth and development of Prevailion and the APEX Platform.
- Provide Python and other development in support of customer and stakeholders on both new and existing projects
- Build UI/UX React templates from visualized design drawings
- Suggest architectural improvements to ease future feature development and enhancements
- Coordinate tasks among other project functions — including devops
- Assist in creating and maintaining project documentation
- Test automation frameworks
- Object oriented software design
- Git or other version control software experience
- Postgress experience or other big data ETL tools a plus
- Support continuous process improvement in the DevOps CI/CD Pipeline.
- Pull data from SQL and NoSQL data stores as well as APIs and flat files (CSV) through Python.
- Ability to read and loop through JSON files writing data to various PostgreSQL data types including arrays.
- Maintain various versions of code in a code repository (GIT)
- Document code for data traceability.
- Research software concepts develop and demo proof of concept.
- Work with the team members to understand the current product features.
- Develop automated unit/integration tests. Develop error logging process from unexpected data inputs.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Communicate and participate in the projects agile process with the engineering, product management, and launch teams.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented and performance-driven.
- 7-10 years of experience in software development
- 7-10 years of experience working with Python
- 5-7 years of experience working with PostgresSQL
- Experience in AWS
- Familiarity with standard design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Solid development practices, with emphasis on code quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work on and with a remote team.
- Familiar with agile development processes
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada Type: PT / FT – Full Time
Location: North America
If you think you’re a qualified candidate then Send Us Your Resume.